Frequently Asked QuestionsLearn more about hosting a Manzanita Outreach fundraiser.
What is a Third-Party Fundraiser?
A third-party fundraising event is when a business, organization, community group, school or individual hosts an event or program to benefit Manzanita Outreach. It is planned and executed independently of Manzanita Outreach.
Why should I have a Third-Party Fundraiser for Manzanita Outreach?
Manzanita Outreach is almost funded entirely by local donations. In order to alleviate the suffering of others by providing life’s basic needs, we need your help.
It is as simple as that…we need your help.
I want to organize a fundraiser for Manzanita Outreach but I’m not sure what to do.
Listed below are some ideas of the many ways that you can help raise funds and awareness for Manzanita Outreach. This list is by no means exhaustive; let your creativity guide you!
- Collect Donations: Set out collection canisters next to cash registers to encourage your customers to help you support Manzanita Outreach.
- Host a fundraiser: Host a Benefit Concert, have a bake sale, a car wash or donate a percentage of a designated night’s profits, Be Creative!
- Designate Manzanita Outreach as the beneficiary for your event: If your business or organization hosts an annual event that generates funds, consider donating a portion of the proceeds.
I want to host a fundraiser, what should I do next?
Once you have approval of your proposed fundraiser, you will receive a Third-Party Fundraising Agreement. After this agreement is signed and returned to Manzanita Outreach, you are ready to start promoting your event!
What can Manzanita Outreach do to help with my fundraiser?
There are limits to how we can help, below is a list of some of the things we can offer. Resources Manzanita Outreach may be able to provide include:
- Limited volunteers
- Promotion through the Manzanita Outreach website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Materials such as brochures about our programs and services
- A representative from Manzanita Outreach to speak at your event.
The event sponsor is responsible for all details of the event including:
- Underwriting all of the related costs
- Printing of all materials
- Creating flyers to publicize the event
- Working at the actual event